‘Tis the Season of Safety: Your Guide to Safe Pet Gifts
Regardless of whether your pet was naughty or nice this year, you are probably adding them to your holiday shopping list. Here at Clairmont Animal Hospital, we agree that our pets deserve to share in our holiday traditions, but it’s also important to keep their safety in mind.
Finding safe pet gifts is an important responsibility, and one that we don’t take lightly. We’ve put together a list of gift ideas that we think are just perfect for showing your furry friend how much you appreciate him or her this holiday season.
Safe Pet Gifts for Health and Wellness
What could be better, and safer, than providing your furry family member with the gift of continued good health and well-being?
- Has your pet been in to see us lately? Schedule a wellness visit or dental cleaning and exam to make sure your pet is feeling his or her best for the holidays.
- A clean pet is a happy pet! Treat your best pal to professional grooming and styling, or fill up the tub for a home grooming session.
- Running water fascinates pets, making a circulating water bowl the perfect gift to provide entertainment and encourage increased hydration.
It’s okay to admit that your pet has a stocking! Just make sure Santa fills it with safe and healthy options.
- Homemade dog or cat treats are delicious and straight from the heart.
- This nontoxic, eco-friendly holiday rope toy is safe, responsible, and festive.
- Nothing could be cuter than catnip-filled “chocolate covered strawberries”.
- All-natural and beautiful, these wool felt balls will delight kitty for hours on end.
- Brand new pet toothbrushes and pet-safe toothpaste make great stocking stuffers.
Before purchasing an item for your pet, be sure there are no small parts, such as plastic eyes, ribbons, string, or anything else that can easily pose a choking hazard. Similarly, toys should be large enough that your pet cannot swallow them whole.
For the Pet Who Has It All
If your pet’s toy box simply can’t hold one more squeaky toy or catnip mouse, consider making a donation to your favorite animal charity in your pet’s name. Or combine beauty and giving with these lovely ornaments and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to help homeless pets.
Adding to your family by adopting or fostering a pet from a local shelter or rescue organization is one of the best ways you can make an impact on the plight of animals in need. Clairmont Animal Hospital partners with local shelters and other organizations to help connect adoptable animals with forever homes. Give us a call for more information!
We wish you, your family, and your pet a happy and healthy holiday season!